Monday, July 6, 2009

The coolest business cards ever!

Ok, maybe not the coolest ever, but I love 'em! I cannot take credit for the concept because I read about it on another blog (sorry, but can't remember who's blog... let me know if it's yours & i'll link to it!)... business cards stamped onto unwanted materials! What's better than recycling? Reusing! Recycling always involves a energy using process, but reusing does not. After seeing the idea, I immediately hopped online looking for someone to make the stamp for me and found Etsy shop Tickled Pink Paper Ink. Teresa knew all the right questions to ask, and had my stamp made & shipped within a week! I'm still getting the hang of stamping, and I need a proper sized ink pad (I had a small one laying around), but I think these turned out fabulous for my first batch! I used chipboard boxes (cereal, granola bars, etc.) that would have normally ended up in the recycling bin. I even made a few on the cardboard shipping envelope the stamp came in :)

The stamp (I left the ink on it, so you could see it better):

The fronts:


The backs:


Close up:


Super eco cool, eh?

10 comments:

Kim Taylor Kruse said...

I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm off to order my own stamp now. :-)

kim taylor <---> the sassy crafter

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh kris!
they are perfect!

Cheryl Patterson said...

I love it! What a great idea and perfect for your business and blog. I want one of my own!

Resweater said...

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who thought these were cool!

madder root said...

Yeah I love your new card!

Val said...

Kris, those are soo cool!!!

Betsy Bargain said...

What a great idea to stamp your business cards on recycled packaging! Really ties in with your recycled sweater art! Keep on "walking the walk".

Sara said...

OMG!!!! I love those!

Victoria Velting said...

I love them! great recycling!

pheobe22 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.