Sunday, August 29, 2010

Could anybody use some of my scraps?


Free + the cost of shipping to anyone that can use them! I use my scraps normally, but they are building up on me fast! Most are not very big, they are all felted, and there are wool & wool blends mixed together. They are great for stuffing things and embellishments. A quart sized bag stuffed with scraps is about 4 oz. I have about 2 lbs of scraps to give away. Please let me know how much you'd like when responding & leave an email address to get ahold of you. If you are not sure of postal prices, you can check here:

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

They will be coming from 60134. Anything under 13 oz can go first class. The flat rate boxes/envelopes will not be cheaper... the scraps are very lightweight.

You can add some scraps to any Resweater order as well, and just pay the shipping difference, if there is any (free shipping on the scraps too, if you reach your shipping max in sweaters).

5 comments:

Tina said...

That is a cool idea to give them away. Mine have been building up also and I hate the thought of throwing them away. I think I need to just get out of my rut and start making more stuffable things.

Celeste said...

LOL I save everything too. I have scraps of fabric for sewing, scraps of paper from scrapbooking and scraps of yarn from crocheting. Someday I know I'll use them. ;)

Anonymous said...

Our kids cut our wool scraps into small pieces and string them into garland for the Christmas tree. It's gorgeous!

Resweater said...

Anonymous, I have made garland by stringing scraps cut into 1" squares, but never thought to string randomly shaped scraps... what a great idea! I may have to try that!

Anonymous said...

I give my wool scraps to the local Waldorf school. It's part of their mission to use all-natural materials, and they are always so very pleased to get them! :D