Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday! Princess Leia hair




It's been a long time since i've done one of these posts! I know some of you have missed my weekly posts, but many things have changed in my personal life since summer, and I have so much less time. I will definitely try to post when I can though, because I miss these posts too!

Anyway, every year, for Halloween, I always try to dress in a costume that goes with my son's. This year he was Boba Fett (that's a Star Wars guy, for those of you who aren't mothers of school age boys), so I decided to be Princess Leia (now you all should know who that is!). I went to the thrift store in search of a oversized white dress, but came back with a white Snuggie. Once I safety pinned the back closed and threw a belt on, it was perfect for a Princess Leia "dress", and warm too!



For the "hair", I used... you guessed it... recycled wool :) ! I started out with a brown fleece cap I had laying around. I then made a long tube of recycled wool, stuffed it with scraps, then sewed it in a circle to create the "buns", then sewed them onto the hat. The whole process took under  15 minutes. I wish I would have taken pictures along the way, but didn't think to do that then. My whole costume was under $3, and I didn't have to buy anything new... perfect!



So, what have you been working on? And what were you for Halloween?


3 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

WOW! You looked adorable. I love the hair. Of course, you made it out of recycled wool. What great pictures and memories.

Megan H said...

I love these pictures! You guys look great. Nice idea for the hair!

Resweater said...

Thanks!