Wednesday, July 9, 2014

It's What I've Been Working On Wednesday!


I made these a few weeks ago, but haven't had the time to sit down and blog about them until now.



It's been a long time since i've made diaper covers for my own, so when I was invited to a family member's baby shower, and found out she was going to be cloth diapering, I ran to the sewing machine!

I used Katrina's free soaker pattern for the body of them, but created my own rises (waistbands). I like the fold over style rise, so it can be an extra tall rise for night use, plus they last longer, since babies tend to grow longer before they grow wider. For the longies (pants), I just used the sweaters' sleeves, and for the shorties I used the sweater's cuffs. The longies will last through a few sizes, because of the foldable cuffs and fold over rise.

I can't wait to see these on the baby! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Davis said...

And this is what has led me to you :) Im on the hunt for patterned wool to make longies for my girl!