Thursday, February 18, 2010

Off topic Thursday - the 5 minute Robot costume


My son is always pretending to be one thing or another, and lately he's been a robot. He wanted me to make him a robot costume out of boxes, so I did! It was really easy... cut a hole for the face in the small box, attach it to the big box (packaging tape), and cut holes for arms. Also I cut a door on the back, so he get get in & out of the costume by himself. The cardboard tubes on his arms were his idea, and I later added (sorry, no pics) metal cabinet knobs I had laying around for dials. Had this been a Halloween costume, I might have covered it with tinfoil, added antennas, and used shiny flexible tubing for arms (danger Will Robinson!), but he is happy with it the way it is, so I left it be. This kept him busy for days! You hear that moms with bored kids? Days!

4 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

and if he misbehaves you can hand him over to USPS!!!!!

Resweater said...

LOL!

SarahBeth said...

Priceless! When my son was little (he's 6'1" now and 29 OMG!) he loved to play in boxes. Wish you had been around then with this idea - he would have loved it! I'll have to pass it on to him for his son!!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I just had a blog post about the amazing creativity that comes with giving a child a cardboard box. I love it!!!