Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's Tutorial Tuesday! Make a recycled wool mustache!



Here's a fun and quick little project! You will need some black felted wool (I used merino), and something to hold the mustache up with. I found this egg dipper, from an Easter egg decorating kit, floating at the bottom of my junk drawer. It worked out perfectly, once I bent the end to the shape of the mustache, but you can use a chop stick, pencil, etc. as well.


Now, find a template for a mustache you like. I used this template, but if you search Google images for "mustache template", you will have hundreds to choose from.


Now cut out 2 mustache pieces, using your template.


Sew the 2 pieces together with a simple straight stitch, leaving a 1/2 inch opening on the bottom side.


Now just slide the egg holder (or pencil, chop stick, etc.) in, and you are done. I chose to add a little glue to the end I was sliding in, to reinforce it a little, but it wasn't necessary.


Now you're done! Go have fun!



5 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

LOVE. love. love! I think using the easter egg holder is brilliant.

Resweater said...

Thanks, Amy! That Easter egg holder turned out to be quite useful!

Kim said...

Oh, I really needed something to make me smile today. Thank you!

Molly said...

Very cute! You two look extra silly today. Good job!

Resweater said...

Good job on the mustache, or good job on being extra silly :p ? Lol!