Thursday, December 23, 2010

Off topic Thursday - Jack's new cave


Yesterday we went to the thrift store, and I found some cool orange (Jack's favorite color) drapey fabric, and I knew right away that it was the perfect material for Jack's hidey hole under his bunk bed! A shower curtain rod, and 5 minutes on the sewing machine to make a rod pocket, and he was a happy camper.

Inside there are bins of toys, and shelves of books, so it's a cool little place to hang out. I even put a little lamp in there for him. That $2 piece of fabric was a bargain!

3 comments:

LBB said...

Looks like he loves it!
Also...love your wine bottle scarf idea! I'm going to make one today to add to the home made wine I made for xmas gifts.

Amy said...

If someone had made me such a space when I was a kid, I probably wouldn't have left it until it was time to go off to college. Actually, it might have put a real crimp in the whole going-off-to-college plan. *Love*.

Vianna said...

Is it red or orange?