Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's Tutorial Tuesday! Super easy no sew portable dog bed



This one has nothing to do with wool, but I thought i'd share anyway. All you need is an old throw pillow & vintage suitcase, that are size appropriate for your dog or cat.

Step 1: Place pillow in suitcase.


Step 2: Place thick bungee cord around hinges, with the hook parts in the back. This will keep the lid from falling down on your pet. I made a fabric cover to go over it, but it really didn't look that bad before I did, so that is totally optional.





Step 3: insert pet. This one will happen automatically. They will most likely be waiting to jump in.


You are done! Now, you can embellish all you want from here, but you have a cute recycled pet bed right now. I like that it is still a functional little suitcase, because I plan to pack all her doggie things (dog food, dishes, toys, leashes, extra bags) in it when we go on trips, and this will traveling with her so much more convenient!
I pinned a tiny quilt to the lid, that I had found at a sale somewhere. Not only do the dogs on it look like Spots, but it even says "spot" on it, so I thought it was perfect. Since I would like the option of being able to clean it, it is just loosely pinned to the lid.



Now, if you are really industrious, you can embellish further by adding legs, custom upholstery, and decorations, like some have done. Here are some impressive & adorable ones I found online. Just click on each picture to go to the website it originally came from.







3 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Oh my goodness, your dog is SO adorable. I just love this tutorial :)

Resweater said...

Thanks, Amy! :)

Sharon Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.