Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday!



I had bought this pullover hoodie, just because it was 50 cents at the thrift store, and I liked the colors/stripes. I am not a fan of pullovers (it's a sensory thing for me), and it was a bit snug, so I went to work on it. I simply cut straight down the center...



and looked through my stash for a zipper, but they were all too short. I finally found the button down part of a felted wool cardigan, I had in my scraps, and just sewed it with a zig zag stitch to the top of the hoodie edge. It took about 5 minutes, and I love how it turned out!



It needed a little something, so I appliqued a recycling symbol to the chest. Now I have something to wear to all those upcoming Earth Day celebrations!

5 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Brilliant. I have so many things that kind of fit...I wish I could just bring them over and have you work your magic on them :)

amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

Molly said...

Good idea! I too, don't like the pullover hoodies. The neckline feels "choking". This would solve that completely.

Resweater said...

Thanks, Amy!

Molly, That's exactly how I feel about the neckline!

alicia said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

I love the little recycle symbol