Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday! Altered cardigan

I've been busy sewing & crafting all week, but I will only show you one project today! Sorry to be a blog tease, but one project wasn't wool (though it was wool inspired!), so i'm saving it for tomorrow's "off topic Thursday" post. One project is next week's tutorial, and isn't done yet, and another project i've been working on is the tutorial for 2 weeks from now. I've been a busy bee!

Today I altered a sweater to wear. I've done that before (remember this one?), but I learned something new from the Adventures in Dressmaking blog. Suzannah turned the sweater inside out & pinned it while she was wearing it. Brilliant! With the last one, I pinned it, turned it right side out, and tried it on again several times. With Suzannah's method, I only had to pin & sew! Easy peasy! Since i'm tall, I need long sleeves, but then many sweaters are boxy in the body if they are long enough in the sleeve. With this quick & easy alteration, I went from this...

to this... in under 15 minutes! Now I have a great everyday zip front cardigan. It's much more flattering in person, and I wear this sort of sweater daily.

So, what have you been working on? Feel free to post pics of your finished recycled wool projects on my Facebook page!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Such a small difference takes it from boxy to feminine. I have the same problem with sleeve length, but I need to lose some belly before I attempt this. Maybe in 30 pounds. :D

Anudja said...

Lovely! Hey, did you ever finish that wool blanket?

Resweater said...

Molly, I have a belly myself. I just didn't make it too fitted. I just made the shape more hourglass than square.

Anudja, I have had so many smaller projects lately, that the blanket's been on the back burner. Thanks for reminding me! I'll work on it some more this week :)

Unknown said...

you have no belly crazy lady..so proud of you as always..your blog is awesome and so are you! dust