Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas & birthday buntings/banners tutorials

I read a lot of blogs, and these 2 great tutorials come from 2 of my favorites! I am in the process of making this Christmas one myself! This comes from Felt Artistic's blog.

This one I plan to make before my son's next birthday, and comes from the fun blog Peace, Love, Sweater.

As a side note, I have only heard the word "bunting" used to describe something warm you put a baby in, but since both bloggers used the word "bunting" to describe these (I only know the term banner), it makes me wonder if it's well known term. What do you call these?


kathi said...

I think "bunting" is a British term for what we call garland.

HMaas said...

Thanks for featuring me - I called it a bunting cause that what everyone seemed to be calling them - LOL! I figured it was European or something.

Resweater said...

Heather, So you didn't use the term "bunting" before that?

Kathi, I use the term "garland" too, but generally only when describing something for Christmas, especially on a Christmas tree.

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

that's a banner if i've ever seen one! never heard of it called a bunting ... but, it probably explains why i had a hard time finding one last time i was looking!

Catherine @ van Breugel Design said...

This is so funny! I would have called it a banner but every where I look in blog land they are referred to as "buntings"! I think banner or garland sounds less pretentious - don't you think!

Anyhow, thanks a ton for featuring my whatchamacallit!!!