Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas gifts I made, elf slippers


I posted the tutorial for this in November here, thanks to to the Mayamade blog. These are adorable! I made a pair for my son out of soft merino & cashmere for the, now traditional, elf picture for our Christmas card. They are adorable, but they slip off his feet when he walks in them. In in "secret Santa" I did with friends, I drew a friend's baby, so I was excited to make him a pair out of cashmere! On those I tweaked the pattern by curving in the pattern by the ankle. I am happy to report that they don't fall off after doing that! I will have to go back & fix Jack's next time I have my sewing machine out. I sewed pieces of non-slip on the bottoms from the stuff you put under a rug. The adorable elf is my son, and the "baby" is his old doll, Soupy, modeling the baby cashmere ones. They are much cuter in real life!


6 comments:

NeedlesAndKims said...

Your elf slippers are adorable! So glad you included the photo of the baby doll with a pair on, really makes me smile :) I can see these slippers being made for older children and women too and even embellishing them with 'stuff' like buttons, bows, whatever, to make each pair unique. So much felt, so little time :)

Resweater said...

If I have time, I plan to make a pair for myself this week! I'll post them if I do... that will be a sight to see on my size 11 boats! :)

Michelle said...

Way too cute! I will have to make a pair of these for my Sullivan. It just cracks me up that the dolls name is "soupy". Job well done!

Catherine @ van Breugel Design said...

What an adorable photo! He really knows how to work the camera! The slippers are beautiful!

Resweater said...

He's a bit of a ham. It helps for pictures like this one!

Simply Incognito said...

oh this is WAY too cute!

Now I have an excuse to drag out my sewing machine!

Happy New year my recycling friend

gini