Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday!



I patched another hole in jeans, but this time it was mine! Almost 40 year old women should not play tag on roller skates without all the proper padding on. I may, or may not, know this from experience ;).

Since these were my jeans, I wanted to go for feminine, and since Valentine's Day is approaching, a heart seemed the most logical. I just cut the hole to a heart shape, and sewed a scrap of felted wool behind it, leaving about a 1/2" of denim, so it can fray a little. I stitched it on with a neutral thread first, to make sure it wasn't a wonky heart, then went over it in a contrasting thread. This would be a really cute way to patch a little girl's holey knee for Valentine's Day! I think this will look even better after it's washed a couple times, so the edges fray more, but i'm happy with how it looks.



How's that braided "basket" (I think basket with remain in quotes, until it starts resembling a basket) coming along? Slower than I thought, and a little wonky, but this is a learning experience for me, and I am pleased at my attempt so far.



What have you been working on?

3 comments:

NeedlesAndKims said...

Cute jean patch! Your basket is coming along nicely. I've been working on cashmere toddler hats made from pieces left from other projects. I'll post a photo on your FB page.

Barb said...

Love the patch! So cute! I saw a similar one on Pinterest for little boy's jeans with a monster mouth instead of a heart.

Resweater said...

Barb, I saw that too, a few weeks ago. I have made some of those monster ones (pics on my Pinterest page) for my son. I also made him an owl one.