Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's What i've been working on Wednesday!


I found this skirt at the thrift store, and fell in love with it, but it was a size 0. I frowned, and put it back on the rack, but then the lightbulb went off, and it went back in my cart. I resized it, by cutting off the waistband, and adding a soft, stretchy, lightly felted merino wool waistband. Now it's a size *cough* *cough*! It's very flattering on, but since I haven't shaved my legs since about October (sorry if that's tmi!), this is all I can show you right now ;).


I also wanted more fitted tablecloths, so I made 2 more this week...



I have been working hard on something else, but I don't want to show it until I am done with it. I am hoping to be done next week!

So, what have you been working on?

9 comments:

Muireann said...

The skirt is lovely, what a great idea! I never thought of doing something like that, I won't have to pass over all the tiny skirts anymore when I shop.

Resweater said...

I know! To think of all the cute skirts I passed up, sigh!

Tree Dellinger said...

I've re-made outfits for my daughter by sewing a skirted bottom to a t-shirt. I like the idea of reusing a sweater for a waist band and will have to try that, too.

My latest creation is a plushie made from felted sweaters based on Totoro, a Japanese anime character. I posted pictures on my blog: http://newriverquilts.blogspot.com/2012/02/totoro.html

Dena said...

Do you have a tutorial for the tablecloths? :)

Resweater said...

Dena, I explained how I made it here:

http://resweater.blogspot.com/2011/06/its-what-ive-been-working-on-wednesday_15.html

Let me know if you need me to explain anything, but it's pretty simple. They are really easy to make. They take me under 10 minutes, start to finish. I have a few more on the agenda too. My son wants some for his table, and I want to make a couple for our outdoor table for when we have BBQs.

NeedlesAndKims said...

Kris, Your new skirt is adorable! I just finished a merino throw made from leftover pieces from other projects. Lightweight but warm. Plus it's been a great excuse to use my new serger, which I love. I seem to be on a roll with making things out of leftovers. I kind of like the challenge!

I'm guessing you're working on your braided basket and that you'll be showing us the finished project next week. Can't wait to see whatever it is.

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Um...you are not only BUSY but you are BRILLIANT. Not sure why it took me so long but I am now your newest follower!

Resweater said...

Oh Kim, I wish it was basket being done, lol. I hopped onto a new project. I'll have to go back to the basket when I am done with this one.

Amy, Busy, yes! Brilliant... not so much ;).

Kim said...

You sound like me--having several projects going at once. Can't wait for you to reveal your secret project!