Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Feature Friday! Refashion co-op



Yep, more knee patches! This is the first pair of jeans, that I bought new, that my son has put knee holes in. All the previous holey knees were from thrifted jeans, whose knees were already faded and on borrowed time. Hopefully this is not an indication of how things are going to be from now on... I can only patch them so fast ;) ! I asked my son what he wanted for this pair, and he said "stars... like on GI Joe stuff". Army green stars it is!

Here's the jeans, before and after....


and a close up of one of the knees, before and after...


It'll look cooler after they get washed a couple more times, and the stars get fringier.

What does this have to do with Feature Friday? Well, I occasionally blog for a coop blog, Refashion Co-op, and I blogged about this pair of jeans there. It is a great blog, devoted to upcycling clothes, with many different contributors. There are so many great ideas on there, and I highly recommend checking it out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you rip the side seam up to the hole, or do you have a special sewing machine that you can put the whole leg on?

Amber said...

I was wondering the same thing. lol I had to use steam bonding on the back of a wool heart I had put on my daughter's jeans then hand stitch around it. I could not get her size 6x jeans over my sewing machine to get it sewn on tight.

Resweater said...

Yes, I seam rip the easy seam (the outside seam), then sew it back up when i'm done. It only takes 2 minutes to seam rip it ipen, but makes it SO much easier to sew the patch on.

Unknown said...

I would have to agree--next time I'll do the seam ripping cause sewing by hand took WAY too long although it adds a cool kind of look in and of itself.

Resweater said...

You can always sew with the machine using a thread color that blends in, then do a little hand stitching on top of that for looks.