Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What I've Been Working on Wednesday



What is it? I'm not sure yet! I wanted to work on a bigger project, that will take a little time, and I wanted to use up some of the scraps I already have. Since my new machine is in the shop, and I only have the old Featherweight for now, I decide to make something braided. I originally had grand ideas of a rug like this:



... but now i'm thinking a basket like this might be nice:


For now, all I have is this ;)...



What do you think I should go for, basket or rug? So, what have you been working on? As always, feel free to post your finished recycled wool projects on my Facebook page!

5 comments:

Dena and Adrianna said...

Haha...this is so funny. I love to make rugs and have been experimenting with different types. A friend taught me how to start a 4 braid rustic rug and I started it late last night. Alas, I pulled the braids too tight, so instead, it turned into a cute little basket part way through the project. So, you could start a rug, and see how the project "speaks to you." ;) One tip for braiding wool....get one of those "over the door hooks" (for a robe in the bathroom, etc.) and you can hang your hook on that and stand up and braid. Much easier. Have fun!

p.s. Other rug methods I enjoy: Twining, lockerhooking.

Resweater said...

Dena, this may very well become a basket ;). I'll have to look into these other forms of rug making one of these days. So much to make, so little time, sigh ;).

NeedlesAndKims said...

I think a basket would be really great. Besides you wouldn't have to clean it like you would a rug. Last night I made one of the scrappy scarves you showed yesterday from "Everything But the Oink". I really like it! I think I'll restring it though and not make the ruffles as tight.

Resweater said...

Yep... it's wants to be a basket ;). I want to make one of Dena's scrappy scarves for myself in cashmere! I think it would feel fabulous.

thecrazysheeplady said...

The basket is perfect!