Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday!



My coffee was getting cold before I could drink it all. What's the solution? Mug cozy! Wool is a great insulator! This took me an embarrassingly long time to make, but I am really happy with the results. I used the zipper from a sweater to make the top edge. I not only like the way it looks, but it adds a "lip" on the top, so the mug can't slip through my hand, and it also keeps the top from getting stretched out.



A little bit of elastic, and a big button, ensures a snug fit. Not too exciting, but definitely useful!

So, What have you been working on?

10 comments:

Naomi @ Upcycled Creatively said...

I love this! It looks great. I'm starting on some fingerless gloves made from an upcycled scarf and sweater today. I haven't been well so it's nice to get slowly starting to make again :)

Resweater said...

I'm sorry to hear you weren't well :(. I'm glad you're back sewing!

soherewearejv said...

so fun to see what you come up with. Love your mug cozy.

Resweater said...

Thanks! I like it too :).

NeedlesAndKims said...

Cute and SO useful! I love my coffee and tea steaming hot. Definitely making one of these! Thanks for the great idea.

Resweater said...

That's what i'm here for! :)

Colleen said...

A hair rubberband works great for the closure instead of elastic. And they come is so many colors!

Irēna said...

lovely!! I made something similar time ago: http://recyclingismypassion.blogspot.com/2010/09/paris-sigada-darbi.html

Resweater said...

Colleen, great idea!

Irena, yours is so nice!

Irēna said...

Thank you, Kris!