Thursday, February 2, 2012

What I've Been Working on Wednesday ... part 2 on Thursday



Totally forgot to post about my skirt yesterday! There was a felted merino cardigan in with the new sweaters a couple of weeks ago, and it kept telling me it wanted to be a skirt! I just cut across under the arms, sewed the cardigan opening closed, narrowed it a bit at the top, and made a waist band (making the back wider, than than the front, so it doesn't ride up on my rear) from the arms. Now I have a cute cozy bum warming skirt! This skirt with leggings is warmer than jeans, and cute with boots to boot! Since taking the above picture (my 6 year old was my photographer :) ), I have seam ripped the bottom 4 inches of the stitching I put in to keep the cardigan closed. It lays & moves better now, and still stays closed. I love the rolled original hem, and little belts... it made for some great detail in the skirt.

9 comments:

Alison said...

I love your skirt! Wishing I had a similar cardi in my felted stuff box!
Alison
x

Resweater said...

Alison, you could make something similar by using the waist ribbing on a sweater as the "cardigan" opening. I think that would look cute, and you could even add buttons. Hmmm... I feel a tutorial coming on! :)

Dena and Adrianna said...

So cute! Your little guy is a pretty awesome photographer too. :)

Molli Mc G said...

Very cute!

Ashlee Rolfson said...

I stumbled upon your blog post about your creative endeavors, and I must say, your work is truly inspiring. The passion and dedication you put into your projects are evident.
how to use nintendo eshop

Barbara Nimmo said...

It's fascinating to see the transformation of materials into beautiful creations. Thank you for sharing your insights, and I look forward to more thought-provoking content from your blog!
can a walmart gift card be used for gas

Kit Charles said...

"This blog is a breath of fresh air! The way you tackle complex topics with simplicity is commendable. Your passion for the subject shines through in every post."
valvoline coupon $25

Timothee Lambert said...

"I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for your blog. It serves as a valuable resource for both beginners and experts alike. Your ability to cater to a broad audience without compromising on depth is remarkable."
rightathome coupon

Abigale Huels said...

"Your blog is like a knowledge hub that I can't get enough of. The meticulous research and the way you connect various concepts make each post an intellectually stimulating experience. Thank you for being a source of intellectual nourishment!"
warren james discount code