Thursday, April 15, 2010
Off Topic Thursday - getting rid of smoke smell part 2
If you read last week's Off Topic Thursday, you know that I bought some Star Wars toys from someone and they reeked of smoke. I took my blog reader's suggestions, and have experimented with a number of methods. Ready for the results?
1. Baking soda. I put a few figures in a bag of baking soda for a week. The results? After washing off the baking soda there is still a faint smell of smoke :(
2. Ivory soap. I put a few figures in a bag with a bar of Ivory soap for a week. The results? After washing off the baking soda there is still a faint smell of smoke :(
3. Anti-Icky-Poo. I squirted some Anti-Icky-Poo (pet odor eliminator) and let it dry. This worked! :)
4. Outdoor air. I left some figures outside for 2 days. I didn't want to leave them out any more than that, because I didn't want them to fade or get ruined. It didn't work :( . Honestly though, I didn't give it a week, like the other methods, so I will call this one inconclusive.
5. Kitty litter. I put a few figures in a bag of kitty litter (thanks for the kitty litter, Nata-Leigh!) for a week. The results? After washing off the dust there is no smell of smoke. It worked! :) The only down side is that they smell like kitty litter now.
I will be using the Anti-Icky-Poo on the rest for convenience.